Fire-Rated Floor Hatch with Automatic Closing System!
Maintains the fire rating of a 2-hour floor/ceiling assembly where access is required between building floors. Features include an optional UL Listed automatic closing system, intumescent fire resistant coating, and a pan cover designed to accept architectural flooring materials. New self-closing mechanism with simplified design takes up less frame area. Specify Type FR-LC if closing mechanism is not required by local fire authorities having jurisdiction. By Bilco.
- Cover: 1/4″ Reinforced Steel Diamond-pattern Tread Plate
- Frame: 1/4″ Steel Extruded Aluminum Frame with Built-in Anchor Flange Around the Perimeter
- Finish: Mill Finish Aluminum with Bituminous Coating Applied to Exterior of Frame
- Latch: Pneumatic Self-closing System (automatically closes the door in the event of a fire when heat exceeds a UL-listed 165°F (74°C) fusible link)
- Hinges: Continuous Heavy-duty Type 316 Stainless Steel Hinge
- Lift Assistance: Compression Spring Operators Enclosed in Telescopic Tubes
- Hardware: Zinc Plated/Chromate Sealed
- Loading: 150 psf (732 kg/m2) Live Load
- Performance Ratings: Tested in accordance with ASTM E119, NFPA 251, BS476: Part 22 and UL-Listed (File R15197) as having a 2-hour fire rating when exposed to fire from the underside.
- Compliance: Self-closing mechanism complies with ASTM E119, NFPA 80, NFPA 251 and BS476: Part 22
- Custom Sizes: Available on Request
- FR-2 Aluminum – 24″ x 24″
- FR-3 Aluminum – 30″ x 30″
- FR-4 Aluminum – 36″ x 30″
- FR-5 Aluminum – 36″ x 36″
- FR-6 Aluminum – 42″ x 42″
Manufactured by Bilco for The Williams Brothers Corporation of America. MADE IN USA.