Recessed Aluminum Hatch Blends in Seamlessly with Concrete or Tile Floors!
The WB TPS 8400 Series Recessed Aluminum Floor Hatch for Concrete or Tile is a rugged, recessed access door designed for new or existing openings in both interior and exterior applications including commercial floors, residential floors, and utility floors. Featuring a heavy-duty, 1/4” reinforced aluminum cover and extruded aluminum frame both with a mill finish, hatch is recessed to accept concrete or tile enabling this floor door to blend in seamlessly with the surrounding environment. In addition, door is reinforced for pedestrian traffic and can safely handle 300 psf loading.
- Cover: 1/4″ Reinforced Aluminum Smooth Plate
- Recess: 1″ Recess to Receive Concrete or Tile (If recess is to be filled with concrete or other cast material, the door is furnished with anchor clips and wire mesh)
- Frame: Extruded Aluminum Trough with Integral Anchor Flange on All Four Sides and 1 1/2″ Threaded Drain Coupling
- Finish: Mill Finish – All Parts of the Frame in Contact with Concrete Have a Coating of Bituminous Paint
- Latch: Two-point Slam Latch
- Lock: Watertight 316 Stainless Steel Slamlock with Threaded Plug, Removable Outside Key, and Fixed Inside Handle (the slamlock latches onto a 316 SS striker plate that is bolted to the frame)
- Hinge: Continuous 316 Stainless Steel Hinge, Flush with Cover Surface
- Spring Actuators: Stainless Steel Compression Springs for Lift Assist Contained Within the Frame
- Automatic Hold-open Arm: 316 Stainless Steel Hold-open Arm with Vinyl Grip That Automatically Keeps the Cover in its Open/Upright Position at 90
- Hardware: 316 Stainless Steel Hinges and Tamper Resistant Bolts/Lock Nuts.
- Loading: 300 psf (1465 kg/m2) Live Load
- Installation: Styles Available for Both New and Existing Openings
- Recessed cylinder lock
- Frame skirts for easy casting into a concrete top slab
- Fiberglass insulation with metal liner
- Nut rails with stainless steel sliding nuts for attaching cable holders, brackets and other hardware
- Anodized finish
- Stainless steel safety chains wi/aluminum support posts
- Fall through prevention systems
- Side drain threaded coupling (instead of standard bottom drain)
- Adjust springs for wood or tile fill in recess area
- Custom Sizes: Available on Request
The WB TPS 8400 aluminum floor door is available in a variety of sizes including 24×24, 24×36, 30×30, 36×36, 36×48 and more. In addition, custom sizes are available upon request. Door features a flush lifting handle, stainless steel hinges with tamper proof bolts, watertight slamlock, stainless steel compression springs for lift assistance, and an automatic hold-open arm. Options include a cylinder lock, insulation and more.
Manufactured for The Williams Brothers Corporation of America. MADE IN USA.